Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Challenge accepted ! #2

 So the new challenge is to catch up to where I have left off the past nine days. So I challenged myself in the witness of my sister through our new loved iPhone app (Voxer) that I would post 10 post today on my blog. Regardless of size, content, intelligence, and relevance. I posted one already and so this is number two. The challenge can go to midnight and if I succeed I get a pat on the back for a job well done!! Yay!! Can't wait for the pat on the back.
First off since I have already mentioned her (my sister) let me give a shout out to her blog spot. All that might read this should go check her out and the things that proceed out of her cranium.
lovinglydistressed.blogspot.com

So on that note I will write about Family.
I have had the privilege to be birthed into the greatest family in the world, of course I am very biased and why shouldn't I be on the fact that I have never been in any other family nor would or do desire to be. My family is true and real and of course we have our corks too that seem to drive each other nuts even if we do remain silent about them, but beyond the normal family things my family is the greatest. My Father and Mother two of the greatest, honest, sincere, and full of integrity people that I have ever met. They have raised myself and my two siblings in the truth of the word of God, they have made sure through consistent lifestyles that the word of God was not only fed to us as children, but that it was and is ingrained in the mere fiber of our beings. I am truly thankful to God that I have the privilege to call Curtis and Lorna Benninghoff my parents. That is Truth.period.

Also accompanying great parents, I have two wonderful siblings. By saying wonderful it might sound sarcastic to some, but truly it is not. truly. Or is it? It is not I think. LOL I simply say jokes. My brother and Sister are awesome and wonderful people. Each with gifts and abilities that make me stop and pray jealousy out of my life. I admire my brother for his attitude of why not. He has always been the one that is care free and unafraid to take risks and as his older brother, which does not make me better just FIRST,  I truly covet this trait. I admire my sister for never settling for less than what she expected or deserved (and because of this she has a beautiful family of her own now.) Truly a great attribute in a woman, her attitude of I'll do it my way or I'll build my own highway has been annoying at times, but once you get older and realize that these qualities build a person into a go getter and a valuable citizen in society,makes one ( or I) come to accept the growing pains and respect the end result.
My Father always told us growing up that family was all you had. At the end of the day when the light switch from heaven is turned off and the solar powered night light flickers on family is all that is left. Friends will desert you, people who where once close will slowly walk away, but family will always be there. Family excepts failure and botched attempts of greatness, they are there to pick us up no matter how far we seem to fall. That is why family is so GREAT!!

So this is Post number two and the challenge is growning easier and more rewarding. So maybe I will accomplish it or maybe I will just enjoy the journey of pouring out what is in regardless if I reach the destination or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment